Current and Past Appointments
Orthopaedic Consultant, UHCW NHS Trust since 2000
- Trauma and Elective practise in group of 23 surgeons.
- Sub-specialist interest in Knee surgery including Cartilage repair, Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction, Meniscal Surgery, Primary Arthroplasty and Osteotomies about the knee
- Senior Knee surgeon for trauma and elective knee surgery
Chairman UK Meniscal Study group, sub section of BASK
Specialist knee surgeon to Local Sports teams including Coventry City Football Club, West Bromwich Albion, and Birmingham City Football Club.
Lead and Secretary of Midlands Problem Knee Club – a club of 30 local knee surgeons meeting once every 3 months to discuss problem knee cases.
Previous Consultant Appointment
Orthopaedic Consultant, Royal Navy, Royal Hospital Haslar, Gosport. 1995 - 2000
- Services Hospital providing district general hospital facilities for local Gosport, Fareham and Portsmouth area in addition to specialist trauma facilities for servicemen transferred from worldwide.
- General orthopaedic practise with a main sub specialist interest in knee ligament reconstruction, including anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments.
May 1999 – June 1999 BOA Travelling Fellowship
Four weeks visiting specialist surgeons in the USA
Dr Scott Gillogly, Atlanta, Georgia
Drs Freddie Fu and Chris Harner, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Drs Tom Klootwyk and Don Shelbourne, Indianapolis, Indiana
Drs John Feagin, Kevin Speer and Larry Higgins,
Duke University, North Carolina
ISAKOS meeting Washington (presented research paper)
AOSSM meeting Michigan
July 1994 - July 1995 Orthopaedic Fellowship
Orthopaedic and Arthritic Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Dr. Richard Holtby and Dr. John Cameron
Dr. Hamilton-Hall and Dr. Michael Ford